- Individuals to choose their health insurance (no mandates)
- Deductibility of health insurance premiums regardless of who pays
- Employers to provide flexible health-insurance options to employees
- Health insurance coverage for low-income families (300 percent of the federal poverty level)
- Health insurance for high-risk individuals (pre-existing conditions)
- Sale of health insurance across state lines
- Expansion of Health Savings Accounts, or HSAs
- Individual membership association health insurance plan
- Association Health Insurance Plans
- Medical liability limitations (Tort reform)
Unlike Democrat-care, the Republican alternative would not impose fines on workers or employers, require cuts in Medicare, increase taxes, require a new government bureaucracy, require a 'government health insurance' option nor add $1 trillion or more to the national debt.
Mr. Cain understands that there is no need to reinvent the wheel where a good idea already exists. Mr. Cain possesses a unique confidence that doesn't come pre-equipped with an ego requiring that all ideas be his own. Indeed, Mr. Cain believes that Republicans have already submitted a workable, fine alternative to Obama Care in H.R. 3400.
God's speed, Mr. Cain.