Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to being an advocate without a doctor

Tibial osteomyelitis (bone infection), moderate to heavy draining, fevers, pain, no doctor.  


As one of my last posts said, "  . . . fade to black and all orthopedic surgeons leave."


Part of being an advocate (whether it is for your elderly dad or yourself) is living in the truth.   Dad died on January 15, 2010, and osteomyelitis played a major role in that death.  It is getting more real for me.


Today was a bad day.  I gave myself the alcohol baths to get my 103 degree fever down.  I cannot bear weight on my left leg.  My belly hurts from all the Advil.  The pain used to stop after I vomited - now it keeps hurting.   


I miss my daddy.  I wish I could tell him that I really do understand how he felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment