Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Can Brookdale on the Park (Nicole Redpath) be cooperative?

As readers of this blog may know, I was ousted from my apartment home. I had been there since 2005. I have paid my rent every month.

In December 2008, I was in NC caring for my ill and elderly dad. There was a misunderstanding about the required form of the rent check. Brookdale on the Park changed the terms of my lease (for no reason known to me, BH Management stated that there was no lease and I was "month to month"). Despite that bizarre behavior, I sent out the rent check (plus extra unspecified fees). BH Management & Brookdale on the Park's response - they wanted me out of the apartment.

BH Management and Brookdale on the Park must have known that it would be difficult for me to find an apartment and effectuate the move while I regularly travel from IL to NC for my dad.

BH Management and Brookdale on the Park apparently felt powerful in their ability to complicate the life of a person who is only trying to do the right thing.

Thankfully, I am getting out of the Brookdale on the Park apartments. I am doing my best to get moved out by the end of February. But, the move will require that Nicole Redpath and the other people associated with Brookdale on the Park be cooperative with those I hired to pack and move my belongings.

In that Brookdale on the Park refused to accept payments for rent that I legally owed (December 2008-February 2009), I do not expect Nicole Redpath to be cooperative.

IMHO, the apartment complex refused the money I owe them because they prefer a judgment on the amount (and therefore judgment interest). The apartment's attorney (Drew Baker) also refused to accept the money orders and cashiers checks for the rent. That frankly seems unethical to me. At the very least, I am a firm believer that people who behave without caring to those suffering (i.e. me) will never enjoy peace in their lives. "What goes around, comes around."

More later.

See my "attorneys do not advocate" blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment