Sunday, September 21, 2008

Consider federal claims against "bad doctors"

In the spirit of "advocate yourself," injured patients should communicate and ask advise from various sources. Do not give up. I believe that if your objectives are sincere and productive as opposed to vindictive, then routes will open up. Justice will be done. The public will be protected.

I never sought to destroy Dr. Chris Dangles (Carle Clinic Association in Urbana, Illinois). However, I have always been professionally and personally accountable for my actions. I expect the same of the medical community. I certainly do not accept or tolerate a physician harming me and then insulting me as part of his defense. And I certainly do not accept or tolerate a medical community that protects its own bad actors through witness intimidation by the American Medical Association.

I am the primary care-giver for an elderly, ill father. As such, I am very sensitive to the possibility that physicians with poor clinical judgment are treating frail, elderly patients and making important health care decisions. This is a vulnerable population.

Orthopedic surgeons make money by replacing knees and hips. Many times the replacements are performed on elderly people. Based on his past actions and behavior, I am concerned that Dr. Dangles may exercise poor judgment with respect to his elderly, frail and vulnerable patients. Out of respect for my father, I feel compelled to protect the public generally and the elderly population specifically against "bad doctors."


This weekend I completed the federal claim against my former orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Chris Dangles. It will be filed tomorrow (yippee).

Stay tuned . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment